Looking for a refreshing treat to cool down on a hot summer day? Look no further! This Strawberry Pudding Popsicles recipe is the perfect solution. Made with fresh strawberries and creamy pudding, these popsicles are both fruity and indulgent.
To make these delicious popsicles, you will need a few simple ingredients: fresh strawberries, instant vanilla pudding mix, milk, sugar, and vanilla extract. Start by washing and hulling the strawberries, then blend them in a food processor until smooth. In a separate bowl, prepare the vanilla pudding according to the package instructions. Once the pudding has thickened, mix in the strawberry puree and a teaspoon of vanilla extract.
|– Fresh strawberries|
|– Instant vanilla pudding mix|
|– Vanilla extract|
Once the strawberry pudding mixture is ready, pour it into popsicle molds and insert popsicle sticks. Freeze the popsicles for at least 4 hours or until fully set. When you are ready to enjoy them, run the popsicle molds under warm water for a few seconds to loosen the popsicles, then gently remove them from the molds.
These Strawberry Pudding Popsicles are a delightful combination of sweet, creamy, and tangy flavors. They make a perfect treat for kids and adults alike. Whether you’re hosting a summer party or simply want a refreshing dessert, give this recipe a try and savor the taste of summer!
How to Make Strawberry Pudding Popsicles
- Start by gathering all the ingredients you will need. This includes fresh strawberries, instant vanilla pudding mix, milk, sugar, and popsicle molds.
- Wash the strawberries thoroughly and remove the green stems. Chop the strawberries into small pieces and set aside.
- In a large mixing bowl, prepare the instant vanilla pudding mix according to the instructions on the package. This usually involves whisking the pudding mix with milk and sugar until smooth and thick.
- Add the chopped strawberries into the pudding mixture and gently fold them in until they are evenly distributed.
- Take the popsicle molds and pour the strawberry pudding mixture into each mold, leaving a little bit of space at the top for expansion when freezing.
- Insert popsicle sticks into each mold, making sure they are firmly in place.
- Cover the popsicle molds with their respective lids or wrap them tightly with aluminum foil.
- Place the popsicle molds in the freezer and let them freeze for at least 4-6 hours, or until the popsicles are completely frozen.
- Once the popsicles are frozen, remove them from the molds by running warm water over the bottom of the molds or dipping them in warm water for a few seconds. This will help loosen the popsicles from the molds.
- Serve the strawberry pudding popsicles immediately and enjoy!
Making your own strawberry pudding popsicles is a fun and easy activity that the whole family can enjoy. These popsicles are not only delicious but also a healthier alternative to store-bought frozen treats. Give this recipe a try and enjoy the sweet and creamy combination of fresh strawberries and pudding in every bite!
Ingredients and Equipment Needed
In order to make strawberry pudding popsicles, you will need the following ingredients:
- 2 cups of fresh strawberries, hulled and diced
- 1/4 cup of sugar
- 1 cup of whole milk
- 1/2 cup of heavy cream
- 1/4 cup of cornstarch
- 1/4 teaspoon of salt
- 1 teaspoon of vanilla extract
To prepare the strawberry pudding popsicles, you will also need the following equipment:
- Popsicle molds
- Blender or food processor
- Whisk or wooden spoon
- Plastic wrap or popsicle sticks
The fresh strawberries will be the main flavor in these popsicles, so it’s important to use ripe and sweet ones. The sugar is added to enhance the natural sweetness of the strawberries. Whole milk and heavy cream are used to create a creamy and rich texture in the pudding. Cornstarch is used as a thickening agent, and salt is added for flavor balance. Vanilla extract is optional, but it adds a pleasant aroma to the popsicles.
When it comes to the equipment, popsicle molds are essential to shape and freeze the popsicles. A blender or food processor is needed to puree the strawberries. A saucepan is used to cook the pudding mixture. A whisk or wooden spoon is necessary for stirring the mixture while cooking. Finally, you can use either plastic wrap or popsicle sticks to hold the popsicles in place while freezing.
Directions for Making Strawberry Pudding Popsicles
- 2 cups fresh strawberries, hulled and sliced
- 1/4 cup granulated sugar
- 1 cup whole milk
- 1/2 cup heavy cream
- 1/4 cup instant vanilla pudding mix
- In a medium saucepan, combine the sliced strawberries and granulated sugar. Cook over medium heat until the strawberries soften and release their juices, about 5 minutes. Remove from heat and let cool.
- In a separate bowl, whisk together the whole milk, heavy cream, and instant vanilla pudding mix until well combined and smooth.
- Add the cooled strawberry mixture to the pudding mixture and stir until well incorporated.
- Using popsicle molds, pour the strawberry pudding mixture into each mold, leaving a little bit of space at the top for expansion.
- Place popsicle sticks into each mold and freeze for at least 4 hours, or until fully set.
- When the popsicles are ready, remove them from the molds by running warm water over the bottom of the molds for a few seconds. Gently pull on the popsicle sticks to release the popsicles.
- Serve the strawberry pudding popsicles immediately or store them in an airtight container in the freezer for up to 2 weeks.
Now you can enjoy your homemade strawberry pudding popsicles whenever you want a refreshing and fruity treat!