Looking for a comforting and delicious meal that can be prepared quickly and easily? Look no further than this easy creamy chicken noodle soup recipe. This hearty soup is packed with tender pieces of chicken, flavorful vegetables, and creamy broth, making it the perfect dish for any day of the week.
To start, gather your ingredients: chicken breasts, carrots, celery, onion, garlic, chicken broth, milk, egg noodles, and a few key spices. Begin by sautéing the vegetables and garlic until they are soft and fragrant. Then, add the chicken broth and bring the mixture to a boil. Reduce the heat and let it simmer until the vegetables are cooked through.
In a separate pot, cook the egg noodles according to the package instructions. Once cooked, drain and set aside. In the meantime, cook the chicken breasts until they are no longer pink in the center. Remove the cooked chicken from the pot and shred it into bite-sized pieces. Add the shredded chicken and cooked noodles to the soup, followed by the milk and spices. Stir well to combine and let the soup simmer for a few more minutes to allow all the flavors to meld together.
This easy creamy chicken noodle soup is the perfect comfort food for a chilly day or when you’re in need of a quick and satisfying meal. Serve it with a side of crusty bread or a simple salad for a complete and hearty dinner that will warm you up from the inside out.
In order to make this delicious and easy creamy chicken noodle soup, you will need the following ingredients:
- 2 boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- 6 cups of chicken broth
- 1 cup of heavy cream
- 1 medium onion, diced
- 3 cloves of garlic, minced
- 2 carrots, sliced
- 2 celery stalks, sliced
- 1 bay leaf
- 1 teaspoon of dried thyme
- 1 teaspoon of dried basil
- 1 teaspoon of salt
- 1/2 teaspoon of black pepper
- 8 ounces of egg noodles
- 2 tablespoons of butter
You can easily find these ingredients at your local grocery store or supermarket. The boneless, skinless chicken breasts serve as the main protein source for the soup, while the chicken broth provides a flavorful base. The heavy cream adds richness and creaminess to the soup, and the diced onion and minced garlic add flavor and depth. The carrots and celery add a nice crunch and freshness to the soup, while the bay leaf, thyme, and basil bring in aromatic and savory notes. The salt and black pepper are used to season the soup, and the egg noodles provide heartiness and texture. Finally, the butter is used to sauté the onion and garlic before adding them to the soup.
In this easy creamy chicken noodle soup recipe, follow these simple steps to make a delicious and comforting meal.
- 2 chicken breasts, cooked and shredded
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 onion, diced
- 2 carrots, sliced
- 2 celery stalks, sliced
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 6 cups chicken broth
- 2 cups egg noodles
- 1 cup milk
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 1 teaspoon dried thyme
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Heat the olive oil in a large pot over medium heat.
- Add the diced onion, sliced carrots, sliced celery, and minced garlic to the pot. Cook until the vegetables soften.
- Pour in the chicken broth and bring it to a boil.
- Add the shredded chicken, egg noodles, dried thyme, salt, and pepper to the pot.
- Cook for about 10-12 minutes or until the noodles are tender.
- Pour in the milk and heavy cream. Stir well to combine.
- Continue cooking for another 5 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Taste and adjust the seasonings if needed.
- Serve hot and enjoy this creamy chicken noodle soup!
Serving and Storage
If you have leftovers, you can store them in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to 3-4 days. Before storing the soup, make sure it has cooled down completely. It is important to note that when stored, the noodles may absorb more of the liquid, resulting in a thicker soup. When reheating the leftover soup, you may need to add a splash of water or chicken broth to thin it out to your desired consistency.
- Make sure to ladle the soup into bowls while it is still hot.
- Garnish each serving with freshly chopped parsley or chives.
- Store leftovers in an airtight container in the refrigerator.
- Let the soup cool down completely before storing.
- Noodles may absorb more liquid and thicken the soup when stored.
- Reheat leftovers and add water or broth to thin out the soup, if needed.
By following these serving and storage tips, you can ensure that your Easy Creamy Chicken Noodle Soup remains delicious and ready to enjoy, whether you are serving it immediately or enjoying it as leftovers.