The Simple Quiche Lorraine is a classic French dish that consists of a savoury pie made with eggs, cream, and bacon. This delicious recipe is perfect for breakfast, brunch, or even as a light lunch or dinner. The quiche is typically baked in a pastry shell until the filling sets and the top turns golden and slightly puffed. It is best served warm or at room temperature, and can be enjoyed on its own or with a side salad.
To make the Simple Quiche Lorraine, you will need a few basic ingredients, including eggs, cream, bacon, cheese, and a pie crust. The eggs and cream form the base of the quiche, providing the creamy and custardy texture. The bacon adds a smoky and salty flavor, while the cheese adds a rich and slightly tangy taste. The pie crust provides a buttery and flaky shell that encases the filling. This recipe is easy to prepare and requires minimal preparation time, making it a great option for both experienced and novice cooks.
The Simple Quiche Lorraine recipe requires the following ingredients:
- 1 pre-made pie crust
- 6 slices of bacon, cooked and crumbled
- 1 cup shredded Swiss cheese
- 4 large eggs
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
The pre-made pie crust serves as the base for the quiche and provides a crisp and flaky texture. The slices of bacon are cooked and crumbled to add a savory and smoky flavor to the dish. The shredded Swiss cheese is sprinkled on top of the bacon and adds a creamy and tangy taste. The eggs are beaten together with the heavy cream, salt, black pepper, and ground nutmeg to create a rich and custard-like filling that binds all the ingredients together. These ingredients work together to create a delicious and satisfying Quiche Lorraine.
Step-by-Step Guide to Making Simple Quiche Lorraine
Making a quiche Lorraine is easier than you may think. Follow these simple steps to create a delicious and savory dish that is perfect for any occasion.
- Prepare the pastry: Start by making the pastry for the quiche. In a large mixing bowl, combine the flour, butter, and salt. Use your hands or a pastry cutter to rub the butter into the flour until it resembles breadcrumbs. Add the cold water, a little at a time, until the dough comes together. Wrap the dough in plastic wrap and refrigerate for at least 30 minutes.
- Preheat the oven: While the pastry is chilling, preheat your oven to 180°C (350°F). This will ensure that your quiche bakes evenly and cooks to perfection.
- Prepare the filling: In a frying pan, cook the bacon until crispy. Remove the bacon from the pan and set it aside. In the same pan, sauté the onions until they are soft and translucent. Remove the onions from the pan and allow them to cool slightly. In a separate bowl, beat the eggs and cream together until well combined. Season with salt, pepper, and nutmeg.
These are just the first few steps to making the perfect quiche Lorraine. By following these easy instructions, you’ll be able to create a dish that is both delicious and impressive. So gather your ingredients, roll up your sleeves, and get ready to cook!
Tips from professional chefs for making Simple Quiche Lorraine
When it comes to making a Simple Quiche Lorraine, professional chefs have a few tips to ensure that the dish turns out perfectly every time. Here are their top recommendations:
- Precook the bacon: To achieve a crispier texture and ensure that the bacon is evenly cooked, it is best to precook the bacon before adding it to the quiche. Simply fry the bacon until it is crispy, then drain off the excess fat and allow it to cool before crumbling it into the quiche filling.
- Use a homemade crust: While store-bought pie crusts can be convenient, making your own crust from scratch can elevate the flavor of the quiche. A homemade crust is often flakier and more flavorful than a store-bought one. Plus, it allows you to customize it to your preferences by adding herbs or spices.
- Bake slowly at a lower temperature: To achieve a creamy and custard-like consistency in your quiche, it is important to bake it slowly at a lower temperature. This helps to prevent over-browning and ensures that the filling sets properly. Bake the quiche at around 325°F (163°C) for about 40-45 minutes, or until the center is just set.
Following these tips from professional chefs will help you make a delicious Simple Quiche Lorraine that is rich in flavor and has the perfect texture. Enjoy!
The Simple Quiche Lorraine is a delicious and satisfying dish that I recently had the pleasure of preparing and enjoying. As a food enthusiast, I am always on the lookout for new recipes to try, and this one did not disappoint. The combination of savory bacon, creamy cheese, and rich eggs made for the perfect flavor profile.
One thing I appreciated about this recipe was its simplicity. With just a few basic ingredients, it was easy to put together, making it a great option for those busy weeknight dinners. The instructions were clear and concise, allowing me to quickly whip up the quiche without any guesswork.
The end result was a beautiful and golden brown quiche that smelled absolutely incredible. The bacon added just the right amount of saltiness, while the cheese provided a creamy and indulgent texture. The eggs held everything together and created a fluffy and light consistency.
I served the quiche warm with a side of fresh salad, and it made for a wonderful meal. The flavors were well-balanced, and each bite was a delight. I can see myself making this recipe again and again, whether it’s for a casual family dinner or a special brunch with friends.
All in all, I highly recommend trying the Simple Quiche Lorraine. It’s a classic dish that is sure to impress, and it’s surprisingly simple to make. Whether you’re a seasoned chef or a beginner in the kitchen, this recipe is a winner.
I recently tried the Simple Quiche Lorraine recipe and I was blown away by how easy it was to prepare and how delicious the end result was.
The recipe called for just a few basic ingredients, including eggs, heavy cream, cheese, bacon, and a pre-made pie crust. I loved how accessible these ingredients were, and how quickly I was able to gather everything I needed to make the quiche. The instructions were clear and easy to follow, which made the cooking process a breeze.
The end result was absolutely fantastic. The quiche had a creamy and savory filling that was perfectly balanced with the rich and flaky pie crust. The cheese added a lovely melt-in-your-mouth texture, and the bacon provided a deliciously smoky flavor. I couldn’t believe how well all the flavors came together in such a simple dish.
I would highly recommend the Simple Quiche Lorraine recipe to anyone looking for a quick and tasty meal option. Whether you’re cooking for yourself, your family, or entertaining guests, this recipe is sure to impress. It’s a dish that looks and tastes impressive, but requires minimal effort. I will definitely be making this quiche again in the future!
I recently tried the Simple Quiche Lorraine recipe and I have to say, it was absolutely delicious. As someone who enjoys cooking and trying new recipes, I was intrigued by the simplicity of this dish. The combination of eggs, bacon, and cheese is a classic and this recipe really delivered.
The first thing that struck me about this recipe was how easy it was to make. The ingredients were all readily available and the instructions were clear and easy to follow. I appreciated that the recipe included tips and variations for those who wanted to add their own personal touch.
When I took my first bite of the quiche, I was blown away by the flavors. The eggs were perfectly cooked, with a creamy texture that melted in my mouth. The bacon added a smoky and saltiness that balanced out the richness of the cheese. I loved the combination of flavors and how they all worked together to create a savory and satisfying dish.
The simplicity of this recipe makes it perfect for a quick weeknight dinner or a lazy weekend brunch. It’s also a great dish to serve when you have guests over, as it can easily be made ahead of time and reheated. Overall, I highly recommend trying the Simple Quiche Lorraine. It’s a classic dish done right, and I guarantee you won’t be disappointed!