If you’re searching for the perfect, indulgent comfort food, look no further than this Easy Ultra Creamy Mac and Cheese recipe. Made with just a handful of simple ingredients, this dish is guaranteed to satisfy your cravings and leave you wanting more.
To start, you’ll need some macaroni noodles, cheddar cheese, butter, flour, milk, and a few seasonings. Begin by boiling the macaroni noodles until they’re al dente, then drain and set aside.
- In a saucepan, melt some butter over medium heat. Once melted, add in some flour and cook for a minute or two to create a roux.
- Gradually whisk in the milk, stirring constantly to prevent lumps from forming.
- Add in the cheddar cheese, allowing it to melt into the sauce and create a smooth, creamy consistency.
- Season the sauce with salt, pepper, and any other seasonings you desire, such as garlic powder or paprika.
Once the sauce is smooth and flavorful, pour it over the cooked macaroni noodles and stir to coat evenly. You can serve the mac and cheese as is, or for an extra indulgent touch, transfer it to a baking dish, top with breadcrumbs and more cheese, and bake until golden and bubbly.
|Macaroni noodles||1. Boil noodles until al dente. Drain and set aside.|
|Cheddar cheese||2. In a saucepan, melt butter. Add flour and cook for a minute. Whisk in milk, then add cheese and seasonings.|
|Butter||3. Pour sauce over cooked noodles and stir to coat evenly.|
|Salt, pepper, and other seasonings|
With its creamy texture, cheesy goodness, and simple preparation, this Easy Ultra Creamy Mac and Cheese is a guaranteed crowd-pleaser. Whether you’re serving it as a side dish or enjoying it as a main course, this recipe is sure to become a favorite in your household.
- 2 cups elbow macaroni
- 4 tablespoons butter
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 2 cups whole milk
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 2 cups shredded sharp cheddar cheese
- 1 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4 teaspoon paprika
The main ingredient in this recipe is elbow macaroni, which is a type of pasta that is shaped like short tubes. It is cooked until al dente and then combined with a creamy cheese sauce made from butter, flour, milk, and cream. The sauce is flavored with shredded sharp cheddar cheese and mozzarella cheese, which give the mac and cheese its rich and flavorful taste.
In addition to the cheese, this recipe also includes seasonings such as salt, pepper, garlic powder, and paprika to enhance the flavors of the dish. These ingredients can be adjusted to taste, depending on personal preference.
|2 cups||Elbow macaroni|
|1/4 cup||All-purpose flour|
|2 cups||Whole milk|
|1 cup||Heavy cream|
|2 cups||Shredded sharp cheddar cheese|
|1 cup||Shredded mozzarella cheese|
|Salt and pepper to taste|
|1/2 teaspoon||Garlic powder|
To make Easy Ultra Creamy Mac and Cheese, follow these simple steps:
- Boil the pasta: Bring a large pot of salted water to a boil. Add the macaroni noodles and cook until al dente, according to the package instructions. Drain and set aside.
- Make the cheese sauce: In a separate large saucepan, melt the butter over medium heat. Stir in the flour to make a roux, cooking for about 1 minute until golden. Gradually whisk in the milk, ensuring there are no lumps. Cook the sauce, stirring constantly, until it thickens and coats the back of a spoon.
- Add the cheeses: Gradually add the shredded cheddar and grated Parmesan cheeses to the sauce, stirring until melted and smooth. Season with salt, black pepper, and any other desired spices or seasonings.
- Combine the pasta and sauce: Add the cooked macaroni noodles to the cheese sauce, stirring until well coated. Remove from heat.
- Serve and enjoy: Transfer the mac and cheese to serving bowls or plates. For an extra touch, sprinkle with additional shredded cheese and breadcrumbs, and broil for a few minutes until golden and bubbly. Serve hot and enjoy!
This recipe for Easy Ultra Creamy Mac and Cheese is a simple and delicious way to satisfy your comfort food cravings. The combination of creamy cheese sauce and perfectly cooked pasta makes for a mouthwatering meal that is sure to please everyone at the table. Whether you’re serving it as a main dish or as a side, this mac and cheese recipe is sure to become a family favorite. Enjoy!
Tips for Making the Creamiest Mac and Cheese
1. Use a combination of cheeses: To achieve the creamiest mac and cheese, it is essential to use a blend of different cheeses. Combining cheeses with different flavors and textures will result in a more complex and luscious final dish. A popular combination includes sharp cheddar for its tanginess, Gruyere for its nutty flavor, and a creamy cheese like fontina or brie to add a silky finish.
2. Be generous with the cream: The creamy texture of mac and cheese comes from the addition of dairy. While many recipes call for milk, using heavy cream or half-and-half instead will result in a much richer and creamier sauce. Be generous with the amount of cream you add, as it will coat the pasta and cheese, creating a velvety consistency.
3. Don’t overcook the pasta: Overcooking the pasta can lead to a mushy texture in the finished dish. To achieve the perfect al dente texture, cook the pasta until it is just tender. It will continue to cook as it bakes in the oven or simmers on the stovetop with the sauce, so slightly undercooking it initially will ensure that it doesn’t become overly soft.
4. Incorporate a roux: A roux is a mixture of fat (usually butter) and flour that is used to thicken sauces. Adding a roux to your mac and cheese will help create a creamy and smooth consistency. Melt the butter, whisk in flour to create a paste, and then gradually add the cream to create a thick sauce. This step is essential for achieving a velvety texture.
5. Give it time to rest: After your mac and cheese is done cooking, resist the temptation to dive right in. Allowing the dish to rest for a few minutes before serving will allow the sauce to thicken and settle, resulting in a creamier final product. This also gives the flavors a chance to meld together, creating a more harmonious and delicious dish.
|Use a combination of cheeses||Combining different cheeses adds complexity to the flavor and texture.|
|Be generous with the cream||Using heavy cream or half-and-half will create a richer and creamier sauce.|
|Don’t overcook the pasta||Cook the pasta until al dente to avoid a mushy texture.|
|Incorporate a roux||Adding a roux will help create a creamy and smooth consistency.|
|Give it time to rest||Allowing the dish to rest before serving allows the sauce to thicken and flavors to meld together.|