If you’re looking for a delicious and dairy-free alternative to traditional whipped cream, then look no further than vegan coconut whipped cream. Made from just two simple ingredients, this creamy and fluffy topping is a perfect addition to your favorite desserts, hot beverages, or even enjoyed on its own.
What sets vegan coconut whipped cream apart is its base: full-fat coconut milk. When chilled overnight, the coconut milk separates into a thick cream and a watery liquid. By scooping out the cream and whipping it with a mixer, you can create a light and airy texture that rivals traditional whipped cream.
To make vegan coconut whipped cream, follow these easy steps:
- Refrigerate a can of full-fat coconut milk overnight.
- Scoop out the solid cream that has separated from the liquid.
- Place the cream into a mixing bowl and beat it with an electric mixer until it becomes fluffy and stiff peaks form.
- Add a sweetener of your choice, such as powdered sugar or maple syrup, and beat it again until incorporated.
The result is a luscious and velvety whipped cream that can be used as a topping for desserts like pies, cakes, and fruit salads. It’s also a delightful addition to hot drinks like hot cocoa or coffee, adding a touch of creamy sweetness.
So, whether you’re following a vegan lifestyle or simply looking to add a dairy-free alternative to your repertoire, give this easy vegan coconut whipped cream a try. It’s sure to become a staple in your kitchen!
Gather Your Ingredients
- 1 can of full-fat coconut milk – Make sure to refrigerate the can overnight so that the cream separates from the liquid. This will make it easier to whip.
- 2 tablespoons of powdered sugar – This will add a touch of sweetness to the whipped cream. If you prefer it less sweet, you can reduce the amount of sugar.
- 1 teaspoon of vanilla extract – This will give the whipped cream a delightful flavor.
Once you have gathered all of these ingredients, you are ready to start making the whipped cream. It’s always a good idea to have everything prepared and ready to go before you begin, as it will make the process smoother and more enjoyable.
Chill Your Coconut Milk
To chill your coconut milk, place the can in the refrigerator for at least 24 hours. This will give enough time for the cream to solidify and separate from the liquid. It’s best to use full-fat coconut milk for this recipe, as it contains a higher percentage of cream.
Once the coconut milk is chilled, carefully remove the can from the refrigerator without shaking it. Open the can and you will see the thick cream settled on top. Carefully scoop out only the cream, leaving the liquid behind. The cream should be thick and creamy, similar to the consistency of dairy whipped cream.
|1||Place the can of coconut milk in the refrigerator for 24 hours.|
|2||Remove the can from the refrigerator and open it without shaking.|
|3||Scoop out only the thick cream, leaving the watery liquid behind.|
By chilling your coconut milk and separating the cream, you will have the perfect base for making easy vegan coconut whipped cream. This step ensures that your whipped cream will have the right consistency and texture, allowing you to enjoy a delicious vegan alternative to dairy whipped cream.
Whip the Coconut Cream
To make vegan coconut whipped cream, you will need a can of full-fat coconut milk or coconut cream that has been chilled in the refrigerator overnight. This chilling process separates the coconut cream from the liquid, allowing you to easily whip it into a creamy texture.
First, carefully open the can of chilled coconut milk or cream without shaking it. Scoop out the hardened coconut cream that has risen to the top and place it into a mixing bowl. Be careful not to include any of the liquid at the bottom of the can, as it will prevent the cream from whipping properly.
Next, using an electric mixer or a whisk, beat the coconut cream on high speed until it becomes light and fluffy. You can also add a sweetener, such as powdered sugar or maple syrup, and a splash of vanilla extract to enhance the flavor. Continue beating until all the ingredients are well combined.
To achieve the best results, it is important to use a can of coconut milk or coconut cream that contains a high percentage of fat, preferably around 60% or more. This higher fat content is what allows the cream to whip up nicely and hold its shape. If you are having trouble finding coconut milk or cream with a high fat content, you can try using canned coconut cream specifically labeled for making whipped cream.
Once the coconut cream is whipped to your desired consistency, you can use it immediately as a topping for desserts, hot beverages, or smoothie bowls. It can also be stored in the refrigerator for up to a week, but it may firm up and require rewhipping before using.
Tips for Whipping Coconut Cream:
- Use full-fat coconut milk or coconut cream that has been chilled overnight.
- Make sure to only scoop out the hardened coconut cream at the top and avoid the liquid at the bottom.
- Beat the coconut cream on high speed until it becomes light and fluffy.
- Add a sweetener and flavorings, such as powdered sugar and vanilla extract, to enhance the taste.
- Use coconut milk or cream with a high fat content for best results.
- Store the whipped coconut cream in the refrigerator and rewhip if necessary before use.