Chinese Spring Rolls with Beansprouts are delicious and crispy appetizers that are perfect for any occasion. These rolls are filled with a combination of fresh ingredients and flavorful spices, making them a favorite among many. Whether you’re hosting a party or simply looking for a tasty snack, here’s a step-by-step guide on how to make Chinese Spring Rolls with Beansprouts.
To make these spring rolls, you’ll need the following ingredients:
- Spring roll wrappers
- Carrots, julienned
- Cabbage, shredded
- Mushrooms, sliced
- Green onions, thinly sliced
- Soy sauce
- Garlic, minced
- Ginger, grated
- Sesame oil
- Vegetable oil for frying
First, prepare the filling for the spring rolls. In a large bowl, combine the beansprouts, carrots, cabbage, mushrooms, and green onions. In a separate small bowl, whisk together the soy sauce, minced garlic, grated ginger, sesame oil, and cornstarch. Pour the sauce over the vegetable mixture and toss until well coated.
Next, it’s time to wrap the spring rolls. Lay one spring roll wrapper on a clean surface and spoon a portion of the vegetable filling onto the middle of the wrapper. Fold the sides of the wrapper over the filling, then roll it tightly from bottom to top, forming a cylinder shape. Use a small amount of water to seal the edges of the wrapper.
How to Prepare Chinese Spring Rolls with Beansprouts
- 12 spring roll wrappers
- 2 cups of beansprouts
- 1 carrot, julienned
- 1/2 cup of cabbage, shredded
- 2 green onions, chopped
- 2 cloves of garlic, minced
- 1 tablespoon of soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon of oyster sauce
- 1 teaspoon of sesame oil
- 2 tablespoons of vegetable oil
- Salt and pepper to taste
- In a large pan, heat the vegetable oil over medium heat. Add the garlic and cook until fragrant.
- Add the carrots, cabbage, and green onions to the pan and sauté for about 3-4 minutes until they begin to soften.
- Add the beansprouts to the pan and cook for an additional 2-3 minutes, stirring frequently.
- In a small bowl, mix together the soy sauce, oyster sauce, sesame oil, salt, and pepper. Pour the sauce over the vegetables and stir until well combined. Remove from heat and set aside.
- Take one spring roll wrapper and place it on a clean work surface. Spoon about 2 tablespoons of the vegetable mixture onto the center of the wrapper.
- Fold the bottom half of the wrapper over the filling, then fold in the sides, and roll it up tightly into a cylinder shape.
- Repeat the process with the remaining wrappers and filling.
- In a large pan, heat vegetable oil over medium heat. Carefully place the spring rolls into the pan and cook until golden brown and crispy on all sides, about 2-3 minutes per side.
- Remove the spring rolls from the pan and place them on a paper towel-lined plate to drain excess oil.
- Serve the Chinese spring rolls with beansprouts hot and enjoy them on their own or with a dipping sauce of your choice.
These Chinese spring rolls with beansprouts are a great addition to any Asian-inspired meal or can be enjoyed as a tasty snack. They are easy to prepare and bursting with flavor. Give this recipe a try and impress your family and friends with your homemade spring rolls!
- Spring roll wrappers: These thin sheets of dough are used to encase the filling and give the spring rolls their signature crispy texture.
- Beansprouts: These crunchy, tender sprouts are a key ingredient in Chinese spring rolls and provide a fresh and vibrant flavor.
- Carrots: Shredded carrots add color and a hint of sweetness to the filling.
- Cabbage: Thinly sliced cabbage adds a satisfying crunch and subtle sweetness.
- Mushrooms: Sliced mushrooms lend an earthy flavor to the filling.
- Green onions: Chopped green onions add a touch of freshness and mild onion flavor.
- Ginger and garlic: These aromatic ingredients provide a depth of flavor to the filling.
- Soy sauce: Soy sauce adds a salty umami flavor to the filling.
- Sesame oil: A small amount of sesame oil adds a rich and nutty flavor.
- Salt and pepper: These seasonings help to enhance the flavors of the other ingredients.
- Cornstarch: Cornstarch is used as a thickening agent to bind the filling together.
- Vegetable oil: Vegetable oil is used for frying the spring rolls to perfection.
Once you have gathered all of these ingredients, you will be ready to start creating your delicious Chinese Spring Rolls with Beansprouts!
- Spring roll wrappers
- Carrots (julienned)
- Cabbage (shredded)
- Green onions (chopped)
- Ginger (minced)
- Garlic (minced)
- Soy sauce
- Sesame oil
- Vegetable oil (for frying)
- First, prepare all the ingredients. Clean the beansprouts and blanch them in boiling water for a few seconds. Drain and set aside.
- Next, heat some vegetable oil in a pan or wok over medium heat. Add the minced garlic and ginger, and sauté until fragrant.
- Add the shredded cabbage, julienned carrots, and chopped green onions to the pan. Stir-fry for a few minutes until the vegetables are slightly tender.
- Season the vegetable mixture with soy sauce, sesame oil, and a pinch of salt. Mix well to combine.
- Take a spring roll wrapper and place it on a clean surface. Spoon some of the vegetable mixture onto the center of the wrapper.
- Roll the wrapper tightly, folding in the sides as you go. Seal the end with a bit of water to secure the roll.
- Repeat the process with the remaining spring roll wrappers and vegetable filling.
- Heat vegetable oil in a deep fryer or a large pot. Carefully place the spring rolls into the hot oil and fry until they turn golden brown and crispy.
- Once cooked, remove the spring rolls from the oil and drain them on a paper towel to remove excess oil.
- Serve the Chinese spring rolls with a dipping sauce of your choice, such as sweet chili sauce or soy sauce.
Enjoy these delightful Chinese spring rolls as an appetizer or a main dish. They are perfect for parties, gatherings, or just a tasty snack. With their crispy texture and flavorful filling, they are sure to be a hit!