Roasted corn with chipotle butter is a delicious and flavorful side dish that pairs perfectly with a variety of meals. Whether you’re grilling up some steaks, preparing a Mexican-style feast, or simply looking for a tasty and easy-to-make side dish, this recipe is a must-try.
The star of this dish is the chipotle butter, which adds a smoky and spicy kick to the sweet and caramelized corn. Made with chipotle peppers in adobo sauce, butter, lime juice, and a pinch of salt, this creamy and tangy butter glaze takes the roasted corn to a whole new level of deliciousness.
To make roasted corn with chipotle butter, start by grilling or oven-roasting fresh ears of corn until they are tender and slightly charred. Then, brush the corn generously with the chipotle butter mixture and sprinkle with some fresh cilantro for an extra burst of flavor. Serve the roasted corn as a side dish or use it as a topping for tacos, salads, or grain bowls.
Choosing and Preparing the Corn
Choosing the Corn:
- Make sure to choose fresh corn on the cob. Look for bright green husks that are tightly wrapped around the corn.
- Avoid corn with yellow or brown spots, as this can indicate that the corn is not fresh.
- Gently peel back a small section of the husk to check the kernels. They should be plump, firm, and evenly spaced.
- Choose corn that has a sweet aroma, as this indicates its freshness.
Preparing the Corn:
- Start by carefully removing the husks and silks from the corn.
- Rinse the corn under cool water to remove any remaining silk strands.
- Remove the corn kernels from the cob. One way to do this is by standing the cob upright on a cutting board and using a sharp knife to slice downward.
- You can also place the cob horizontally on a cutting board and carefully slice off the kernels.
- Once the kernels are removed, rinse them again to remove any remaining silk or debris.
|Tip:||Another option is to keep the corn on the cob and roast it directly on the grill or in the oven before adding the chipotle butter.|
By choosing fresh corn and properly preparing it, you can ensure that your Roasted Corn with Chipotle Butter will be bursting with flavor and have the perfect texture. Enjoy!
Making the Chipotle Butter
Here’s how you can make chipotle butter:
- Gather your ingredients: You will need 1 stick (1/2 cup) of butter, 2-3 chipotle peppers in adobo sauce, 1 teaspoon of adobo sauce, 1/2 teaspoon of smoked paprika, 1/4 teaspoon of garlic powder, and a pinch of salt.
- Prepare the chipotle peppers: Remove the seeds from the chipotle peppers and chop them into small pieces.
- Blend the ingredients: In a food processor or blender, combine the butter, chipotle peppers, adobo sauce, smoked paprika, garlic powder, and salt. Process the mixture until it is well blended and smooth.
- Chill the chipotle butter: Transfer the chipotle butter to a small bowl or dish, cover it, and refrigerate for at least 1 hour to allow the flavors to meld together.
|Butter||1 stick (1/2 cup)|
|Chipotle peppers in adobo sauce||2-3|
|Adobo sauce||1 teaspoon|
|Smoked paprika||1/2 teaspoon|
|Garlic powder||1/4 teaspoon|
Once the chipotle butter is made, you can brush it onto freshly roasted corn or use it as a spread for bread or grilled meats. The smoky and spicy flavor will add a delicious kick to any dish.
Roasting the Corn
There are several methods to roast corn, but the most common and traditional way is to do it on a grill or over an open flame. This method allows the corn to get charred and slightly blackened on the outside while maintaining its juiciness on the inside.
When roasting corn on the grill, you can either leave the husks on or remove them. If you choose to leave the husks on, soak the corn in water for about 10 minutes before grilling. This will help to prevent the husks from catching fire. Place the corn directly on the grill grate and cook for about 15-20 minutes, turning occasionally, until the kernels are tender and slightly charred.
Serving and Enjoying
- As a standalone snack: Roasted corn with chipotle butter can be enjoyed as a satisfying and flavorful snack on its own. Serve it in a bowl or on a platter, allowing guests to help themselves to the corn.
- As a side dish: This dish can also be served as a side dish to complement grilled meats, fish, or other main courses. Place the roasted corn alongside the main dish, either in a separate bowl or directly on the plate.
- As part of a buffet: If you’re hosting a buffet-style gathering, consider adding roasted corn with chipotle butter to the spread. Arrange the corn on a large platter or in individual serving dishes, allowing guests to serve themselves.
- At a barbecue or outdoor gathering: This dish is a perfect addition to a summertime barbecue or outdoor gathering. Serve it alongside other grilled favorites for a well-rounded and tasty meal.
Regardless of how you choose to serve roasted corn with chipotle butter, it’s important to enjoy it while it’s still warm. The smoky flavor of the chipotle butter and the charred bits of the corn are best experienced right after roasting. Encourage your guests to savor the flavors and enjoy this delicious dish as soon as it’s ready.