If you are a fan of olives, this recipe is a must-try. The combination of rosemary and clementine adds a unique and delicious twist to these marinated olives. It’s a flavorful and aromatic snack that will leave you craving for more.
The recipe is simple yet elegant. First, you gather your ingredients: a jar of green olives, fresh rosemary sprigs, clementines, garlic cloves, olive oil, and a pinch of red pepper flakes for a little kick. Then, you start by marinating the olives with a mixture of olive oil, clementine juice, rosemary, and minced garlic. Let the olives soak up all the flavors for at least an hour to achieve the perfect taste.
These rosemary marinated olives with clementine are perfect for any occasion. They make a great appetizer for parties or a flavorful addition to a cheese and charcuterie board. The combination of the briny olives, fragrant rosemary, and citrusy clementine creates a balanced and irresistible flavor. So next time you’re looking for a satisfying snack, give these marinated olives a try and indulge in the tantalizing blend of flavors.
The recipe for Rosemary Marinated Olives with Clementine requires a handful of flavorful ingredients that come together to create a delicious and refreshing appetizer.
The main ingredients for this dish are:
- Green and black olives: The combination of green and black olives provides a variety of flavors and textures. The green olives add a slightly tangy and bitter taste, while the black olives bring a rich and earthy flavor.
- Clementines: These small citrus fruits add a sweet and refreshing element to the dish. Their juicy and bright flavor complements the briny taste of the olives.
- Rosemary sprigs: Rosemary is a fragrant herb that adds a savory and aromatic note to the marinated olives. Its piney and resinous flavor pairs well with the other ingredients.
- Garlic cloves: Garlic provides a pungent and slightly spicy taste to the marinade. It adds depth and complexity to the overall flavor profile.
- Extra virgin olive oil: The olive oil serves as the base for the marinade and helps infuse all the ingredients with flavor. Its smooth and fruity taste enhances the overall taste of the dish.
- Red pepper flakes: For a hint of heat and spice, red pepper flakes are added to the marinade. They provide a subtle kick that balances out the other flavors.
- Salt and black pepper: These common seasonings are used to enhance the taste of the olives and other ingredients. They help bring out the natural flavors and create a harmonious balance.
By combining these ingredients, you can create a delightful and appetizing dish that is perfect for entertaining or simply enjoying as a snack. The combination of olives, clementines, rosemary, and other seasonings create a unique and flavorful experience for your taste buds. So gather these essential ingredients and get ready to make Rosemary Marinated Olives with Clementine!
1. Gather the ingredients:
- 2 cups of mixed olives
- 1 clementine
- 1 tablespoon of rosemary
- 2 cloves of garlic
- 1/4 teaspoon of red pepper flakes
- 2 tablespoons of olive oil
2. Prepare the olives:
Start by rinsing the olives under cold water to remove any brine or excess salt. Dry them thoroughly using a clean kitchen towel or paper towels.
3. Prepare the marinade:
In a small bowl, combine the olive oil, minced garlic, chopped rosemary, and red pepper flakes. Mix well to ensure that the flavors are evenly distributed.
4. Marinate the olives:
Place the olives in a shallow dish or jar. Pour the marinade over the olives, making sure that they are completely immersed. If necessary, add more olive oil to cover the olives.
5. Add the clementine:
Peel the clementine and separate it into individual segments. Gently squeeze the juice from each segment over the olives, and then add the segments to the dish or jar with the olives.
6. Let the flavors meld:
Cover the dish or jar with a lid or plastic wrap, and refrigerate for at least 2 hours or overnight to allow the flavors to meld together.
7. Serve and enjoy:
Once marinated, the olives can be served as a delicious appetizer or snack. They pair well with crusty bread, cheeses, and cured meats. Garnish with some fresh rosemary sprigs for an extra touch of flavor and presentation.
By following these preparation steps, you’ll be able to create a flavorful and aromatic dish of Rosemary Marinated Olives with Clementine that is sure to impress your guests or satisfy your own cravings.
Serving and Storage
- The marinated olives can be served as an appetizer or as part of a charcuterie board.
- For serving, transfer the olives along with the marinade into a serving dish.
- Garnish the dish with fresh rosemary sprigs and clementine zest for added flavor and presentation.
- Provide small forks or toothpicks for guests to easily pick up the olives.
- The dish can be enjoyed on its own or paired with crusty bread or cheese for a more substantial appetizer.
- If there are leftovers, the marinated olives can be stored in an airtight container in the refrigerator.
- The olives will keep well for about 1-2 weeks in the refrigerator.
- Make sure to keep the olives submerged in the marinade to maintain their flavor and prevent them from drying out.
- Before serving the leftovers, allow the olives to come to room temperature for about 15-20 minutes to enhance their flavors.
The Rosemary Marinated Olives with Clementine can be served as a delicious and flavorful appetizer or as part of a charcuterie board. The olives can be stored in the refrigerator for up to 2 weeks, as long as they are kept in an airtight container and submerged in the marinade. When serving leftovers, it is recommended to bring the olives to room temperature to enhance their flavors. Enjoy these marinated olives as a tasty and elegant addition to your next gathering or as a simple indulgence for yourself.