Sugared walnuts are a delicious and healthy snack that can be enjoyed on their own or added to salads, desserts, or other dishes. This recipe is simple and quick to make, requiring just a few ingredients and minimal preparation. The combination of the crunchy walnuts and the sweet caramelized sugar creates a perfect balance of flavors, making these nuts irresistible.
To make sugared walnuts, you will need fresh walnuts, sugar, water, and a pinch of salt. Start by preheating your oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit. While the oven is heating up, prepare a baking sheet by lining it with parchment paper or greasing it lightly with cooking spray. This will prevent the walnuts from sticking to the pan as they bake.
The Sugared Walnuts recipe requires only a few ingredients that are easily available. Here is a list of the ingredients:
- Walnuts: You will need 2 cups of walnuts for this recipe. Make sure to use fresh and high-quality walnuts for the best results.
- Sugar: You will need 1 cup of granulated sugar to coat the walnuts and give them a sweet and crunchy texture.
- Water: This recipe calls for 1/4 cup of water, which is used to dissolve the sugar and create a syrupy coating for the walnuts.
- Salt: A pinch of salt is added to enhance the flavor of the sugared walnuts.
- Cinnamon (optional): If desired, you can also add a teaspoon of ground cinnamon to add a warm and spicy flavor to the walnuts.
These simple ingredients combine to create a delicious treat that is perfect for snacking or adding to your favorite recipes.
Step-by-Step Instructions for Making Sugared Walnuts
Preparing sugared walnuts is a delicious and easy treat that can be enjoyed on its own or used to garnish salads, desserts, or cheese plates. Follow these simple steps to create these tasty and crunchy snacks:
- Gather all the necessary ingredients: 1 cup of walnuts, 1/4 cup of granulated sugar, and a pinch of salt.
- Preheat the oven to 325°F (163°C) and line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- In a small bowl, mix the sugar and salt together. This will help evenly distribute the sweetness and enhance the flavor of the walnuts.
- In a separate bowl, toss the walnuts in the sugar mixture until they are coated completely.
- Spread the walnuts in a single layer on the prepared baking sheet.
To roast the walnuts:
- Place the baking sheet in the preheated oven and roast for 10-15 minutes, or until the walnuts are fragrant and slightly golden brown.
- Remove the baking sheet from the oven and let the walnuts cool on the sheet for 5 minutes. They will continue to crisp up as they cool.
- Transfer the walnuts to a wire rack or a plate to cool completely.
Your sugared walnuts are now ready to be enjoyed! Keep them in an airtight container for up to a week, or serve them immediately as a delightful snack or topping.
Tips from professional chefs for making sugared walnuts
If you’re looking to make the perfect batch of sugared walnuts, here are some tips from professional chefs that will help you achieve outstanding results:
- Use fresh, high-quality walnuts: The quality of the walnuts you use will greatly impact the final taste and texture of your sugared walnuts. Opt for fresh walnuts that are free from any off-flavors or rancidity. Look for walnuts that are plump, with a smooth and shiny surface.
- Pre-toast the walnuts: Before coating the walnuts in sugar, it’s important to toast them first. This step helps to enhance their natural flavors and create a nice crunch. Spread the walnuts on a baking sheet and toast them in the oven at around 350°F (175°C) for about 5-7 minutes, or until they become fragrant and slightly golden. Be careful not to over-toast them, as this can lead to a bitter taste.
- Coat walnuts evenly: When it comes to coating the toasted walnuts in sugar, it’s crucial to ensure even coverage. To achieve this, professional chefs recommend using a fine-mesh strainer or sieve. Place the toasted walnuts in the strainer, sprinkle the sugar over them, and gently shake the strainer to evenly distribute the sugar. This technique helps to prevent clumping and ensures that each walnut is coated with a thin, even layer of sugar.
By following these tips, you’ll be able to create sugared walnuts that are perfectly toasted, with a deliciously sweet and crispy exterior. They make for a great snack or addition to salads, desserts, or cheese platters. Enjoy!
I recently tried the Sugared Walnuts recipe and I must say, it was absolutely delicious! The combination of the sweet caramelized sugar coating and the crunchiness of the walnuts was simply irresistible. The recipe was very easy to follow and the end result was so satisfying.
The first step was to coat the walnuts with a mixture of sugar and water and then cook them in a saucepan until the sugar caramelized and formed a sticky coating. The aroma that filled my kitchen while the walnuts were cooking was amazing. It was a sweet and nutty scent that made my mouth water in anticipation.
Once the walnuts were done cooking, I let them cool for a few minutes before tasting them. The sugar coating had hardened and formed a deliciously crunchy texture, while the walnuts inside remained soft and flavorful. It was the perfect balance of textures and flavors.
I couldn’t stop myself from grabbing a handful of these sugared walnuts every time I passed by the plate. They were addictive! I also shared them with my friends and family, and they loved them too. These sugared walnuts would make a great snack for any occasion, and they also make a lovely homemade gift.
I recently tried the Sugared Walnuts and I must say, they are absolutely delicious. The recipe is simple, yet the result is a crunchy and addictive snack. The walnuts are coated in a crispy caramelized sugar layer that adds a perfect sweetness to the nutty flavor.
The process of making the Sugared Walnuts was quite easy. I started by whisking together egg whites, sugar, and a pinch of salt in a bowl. Then, I added the walnuts and coated them thoroughly with the egg white mixture. After that, I spread them out on a baking sheet and baked them in the oven until they turned golden brown.
The end result was amazing. The walnuts turned out to be perfectly sweet and delightfully crunchy. They retained their nutty flavor while the caramelized sugar added a wonderful dimension to the taste. I couldn’t stop eating them!
I highly recommend the Sugared Walnuts to anyone who loves a sweet and nutty treat. They make a great snack for any occasion, whether it’s a movie night or a party. They are also a unique and impressive addition to a cheese or charcuterie board. I will definitely be making these Sugared Walnuts again and again.
I recently tried making the recipe for sugared walnuts and I have to say, it turned out to be absolutely delicious! The process was fairly simple and the end result was a perfect balance of sweetness and crunchiness.
To make the sugared walnuts, I started by coating the walnuts in a mixture of sugar and cinnamon. I then toasted the coated walnuts in the oven until they were golden brown and fragrant. The smell that filled my kitchen was absolutely heavenly!
Once the walnuts were done baking, I let them cool completely before indulging in a handful. The combination of the sweet cinnamon sugar coating and the natural nuttiness of the walnuts was simply divine. These sugared walnuts make for a perfect snack or even a tasty addition to salads or desserts.
I highly recommend trying out this sugared walnuts recipe. It’s a delightful treat that is sure to please everyone. Whether you’re making it for a party or simply enjoying them as a snack at home, these sugared walnuts are a winner!