Looking for a delicious and easy way to enjoy broccoli? Try this Cheddar Baked Broccoli recipe! It’s a flavorful and cheesy twist on traditional steamed broccoli that the whole family will love.
To make this recipe, start by preheating your oven to 400°F (200°C). Then, chop a head of broccoli into florets and spread them out on a baking sheet. Drizzle the broccoli with olive oil and sprinkle it with salt and pepper for added flavor.
- 1 head of broccoli, chopped into florets
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
Once the broccoli is seasoned, sprinkle it with a generous amount of shredded cheddar cheese. This will add a rich and gooey texture to the dish. Place the baking sheet in the oven and bake for about 15-20 minutes, or until the cheese is melted and bubbly.
When the Cheddar Baked Broccoli is done, serve it immediately and enjoy! This recipe makes a great side dish for any meal. It’s a tasty and nutritious way to incorporate more vegetables into your diet, and the cheesy flavor makes it a hit with kids and adults alike.
- Broccoli: The star ingredient, broccoli, is a nutritious vegetable that provides a good source of vitamins and minerals. It adds a vibrant green color and a slight crunch to the dish.
- Cheddar Cheese: The recipe calls for shredded cheddar cheese, which is known for its rich and creamy flavor. It adds a tangy and savory element to the dish, complementing the broccoli perfectly.
- Breadcrumbs: Breadcrumbs are used to create a crispy and crunchy topping on the baked broccoli. They add a nice texture to balance out the softness of the broccoli florets and melted cheese.
- Garlic: Garlic is a common ingredient used in savory dishes to enhance the overall flavor. It adds a subtle yet aromatic taste to the Cheddar Baked Broccoli, making it more enjoyable.
- Milk: Milk is used to make a creamy sauce that binds the ingredients together. It adds moisture to the dish and helps create a smooth and velvety texture.
- Butter: Butter is often used in cooking to add richness and enhance the flavor. In this recipe, it is melted and combined with other ingredients to create a delicious sauce.
- Salt and Pepper: These basic seasonings are essential for any dish to bring out the flavors. They help to balance the taste and enhance the overall deliciousness of the Cheddar Baked Broccoli.
These ingredients work together to create a flavorful and satisfying Cheddar Baked Broccoli dish. Make sure to gather all the necessary ingredients before starting the recipe to ensure a smooth cooking experience.
Looking for a delicious way to enjoy broccoli? Try this Cheddar Baked Broccoli recipe for a cheesy and flavorful side dish. Here’s how to make it:
- 2 heads of broccoli, cut into florets
- 1 cup of shredded cheddar cheese
- 1/4 cup of grated parmesan cheese
- 1/4 cup of breadcrumbs
- 2 tablespoons of melted butter
- 1/2 teaspoon of garlic powder
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Preheat your oven to 400°F (200°C).
- Fill a large pot with water and bring it to a boil. Add the broccoli florets and cook them for about 3-4 minutes until they are bright green and slightly tender. Drain the broccoli and transfer it to a baking dish.
- In a small bowl, combine the melted butter, garlic powder, salt, and pepper. Drizzle this mixture over the broccoli and toss gently to ensure all of the florets are coated.
- In a separate bowl, mix together the shredded cheddar cheese, grated parmesan cheese, and breadcrumbs. Sprinkle this mixture evenly over the broccoli.
- Place the baking dish in the preheated oven and bake for about 15-20 minutes, or until the cheese is melted and bubbly, and the breadcrumbs are golden brown.
- Remove the dish from the oven and let it cool for a few minutes before serving.
This Cheddar Baked Broccoli recipe is a simple and flavorful way to enjoy this nutritious vegetable. The combination of melted cheddar cheese, crispy breadcrumbs, and tender broccoli makes for a delicious side dish that the whole family will love. Serve it alongside your favorite main course for a complete and satisfying meal.
Tips for Success
- Choose fresh broccoli: To achieve the best flavor and texture, it’s important to use fresh broccoli for this recipe. Look for broccoli heads that are firm and vibrant green in color.
- Cut the broccoli properly: Before baking, make sure to cut the broccoli into florets of similar size. This will ensure even cooking and prevent some pieces from becoming overcooked while others remain undercooked.
- Preheat the oven: It’s essential to preheat your oven before baking the broccoli. This will help to evenly cook the broccoli and give it a nice crispy texture.
- Toss with oil for even coating: Before adding the cheese and breadcrumbs, toss the broccoli florets with olive oil or melted butter. This will help to evenly coat the broccoli, ensuring that the cheese and breadcrumbs adhere properly.
- Use the right cheese: Cheddar cheese is the star of this recipe, providing a rich and savory flavor. It’s important to use a high-quality sharp cheddar cheese to get the best taste. Additionally, you can experiment with different types of cheese for variation, such as Gruyère or Parmesan.
- Don’t overcook: Keep a close eye on the broccoli while it’s in the oven to prevent overcooking. Overcooked broccoli can become mushy and lose its vibrant color. Aim for a golden brown crust while still retaining a slight crunch.
By following these tips, you’ll be able to create a delicious and flavorful Cheddar Baked Broccoli dish that’s sure to impress your family and friends!
1. Garnish with Fresh Herbs
Add a pop of freshness and color to your Cheddar Baked Broccoli by garnishing it with some fresh herbs. Chopped parsley, basil, or chives will not only add visual appeal but also enhance the overall flavor of the dish. Simply sprinkle the herbs over the top just before serving.
2. Serve as a Side Dish
Cheddar Baked Broccoli makes a fantastic side dish for a variety of main courses. Whether you’re serving grilled chicken, roasted pork, or seared steak, this cheesy broccoli will complement the flavors and add a touch of veggie goodness to your meal. Consider serving it alongside mashed potatoes or rice for a complete and satisfying plate.
3. Include it in a Brunch Spread
If you’re hosting a brunch or a breakfast gathering, why not include Cheddar Baked Broccoli on your menu? Cut it into smaller portions and serve it as part of a brunch buffet. It pairs well with other breakfast staples like scrambled eggs, bacon, and croissants. Your guests will surely appreciate the addition of this cheesy and nutritious dish.
4. Incorporate it into Pasta Dishes
The cheesy goodness of Cheddar Baked Broccoli can also be incorporated into your favorite pasta dishes. Simply chop the baked broccoli into smaller pieces and mix it into cooked pasta. Add some additional grated cheddar cheese, garlic, and olive oil to create a simple yet flavorful pasta dish. You can also add some cooked chicken or shrimp for a heartier meal.
With these serving suggestions, you can enjoy your Cheddar Baked Broccoli in various ways and impress your family and friends with its versatility. Whether served as a side dish, part of a brunch spread, or incorporated into pasta dishes, this cheesy broccoli recipe is sure to be a hit!